If you have started learning MQ or have worked with MQ for a while and now are planning to take interviews for an administration position in MQ, here are some tips and areas you should focus on to get through. This is by no means a complete list and there is not better preparation that having good real experience.
- Install and upgrade process for MQ or fixpacks on UNIX and Windows.
- Connecting two applications with MQ. What are the steps involved and some best practices. Transmit queues, channels, remote queues.
- Logging, different types of logging, pros and cons, best practices.
- MQSC commands, most used commands usually like create, str, stop etc
- Troubleshooting, where you would go to check the errors, where are the WMQ logs for various platforms, where the various errors are logged.
- Queue Manager properties
- Triggers, why are they used and how to set them up.
- Different types of queues and uses.
- Clusters, pros and cons, and setup on various platforms (Advanced).
- High availability and Load balancing on UNIX and Windows (Advanced).
- Security implementation in MQ using SSL (Advanced).
- Media recovery procedure.
I will adding more to this list but if you have these topics covers, I think you will have a very good chance of getting through the interview.
Let me know what you think in the comments and also add some points if you think I missed anything.